Tuesday 24 May 2016

Makeup Refresh

For the last few weeks, I've been getting so bored of my current makeup routine. You know when you just feel like you need a bit of a refresh, a bit of a rejig and your makeup bag is literally crying out "BUY ME SOMETHING NEW, I'M SO BORED". Well, that's where I was!

"What did you do?!", I hear you cry! Well, let me tell you; I made a list of all the products I wanted to try, things I'd found from various blogs and YouTube videos. Then I went through my makeup bag so I could see what I was in desperate need for, and not just "desperate want"... you know?

Next stop, was finding a website that supplied everything I was after; I hate spending more on delivery than I absolutely have to, although I always opt for next day delivery - where's the logic, right?! House of Fraser called to me like a soft beacon in the night, so I hopped on to their website, filled my basket, allowed the small tear to roll down my cheek as I saw the total, kissed goodbye to my bank balance and (im)patiently waited for my package to arrive.

Now, if you're wondering how I knew which shades I should buy... well, let me know if you figure it out. I attempted to get as close as I could by looking at swatches online but as you've probably already guessed, that didn't work out too well. Let's just say this makeup will look a whole lot better once I've been on holiday!

The New Stash


First of all, I needed a new base. I've been using Estee Lauder Double Wear for the LONGEST time; there's nothing I dislike about it, but I think because I've used it for so long, I've just fallen out of love with it... we just needed a break... don't judge me! So, I bought the Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk foundation. Annoyingly, I bought it about 12 shades too dark. I have tried it on its own just to see if I liked it, I have to say, I love the sheerness of the finish, but I usually go for a fuller coverage. That being said, I've been mixing it with the Illamasqua Skin Base foundation, which by the way, I bought 6 shades too light... what are the odds, huh? Anyway, when I mix the two together, I feel like it gives me the right coverage and I love the finish. All's well that ends well!

What makeup rejig would be complete without a new concealer? NONE is the answer you're looking for! I have just recently started watching Jaclyn Hill... I know, where have I been?! So when I was perusing the web for which products I wanted to buy, I obviously went straight to Jaclyn's videos to see what she was using. I noticed she mentioned the Naked Skin Weightless Complete Coverage concealer (NakSkiWeComCo for short...) by Urban Decay, in quite a few videos, so into the basket, it went. I LOVE IT! It's my favourite concealer I've ever used, it feels so light on the skin but still gives a full coverage and hides blemishes without feeling cake-y, it truly baffles me!


I'm not usually a powder person, I just feel like my skin is so dry that powder doesn't always help me out. However, I really wanted to try my hand at "baking" my face, plus I thought a little powder wouldn't go amiss when my natural glow (aka sweat) get's a little out of control during the warmer months! I really like this formula, it's so light and it feels so nice on the skin! But guess what? I got the wrong blady shade, so baking will have to wait!

Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion


I have never used an eye primer! I mean, although I've always enjoyed makeup, it's only since watching YouTube that I started actually getting into makeup - does that make sense? In fact, if you'd have asked me 3 years ago what an eye primer was, I'd be like "DAFUQ?". I'm not really sure why I haven't tried one since, but to be honest, it's probably because there's always been another makeup necessity that I've considered more important, so I've always swept over it and skipped merrily into the sunset with my fading eyeshadow and transferring eyeliner... NOT ANYMORE! I ended up adding this to my basket because there was a discount on Urban Decay products and I got a free mascara! What can I say? I love it, my eyes look so blady good all day (if I do say so myself...), I fall asleep and my makeup doesn't budge. It's a goddamn makeup miracle! 

So they are my new products, I love them! The only disappointment I have is that the majority are in the wrong shade, but that's my own stupid fault. However, I'm going to London in the middle of June, I'm saving my dosh so I can have a huge splurge on THE RIGHT SHADED MAKEUP! Woohoo!

Thanks for reading and if you made it to the end, you're my new favourite! Xx 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Katie Bouquet. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates made by pipdig